About the company:
ButcherBox delivers 100% pasture raised, grass-fed & finished beef, organic chicken, and heritage breed pork directly to your door. We are a fast paced, high growth startup headquartered in Cambridge, MA.
Our founder was first introduced to 100% grass-fed beef through a local farmer who sold ¼ and ½ shares of cattle. After trying it, he was instantly hooked. He preferred the more natural taste and was thrilled to discover the many health advantages grass-fed beef has over ordinary grain-fed beef. So his question became, “why isn’t everyone eating this?”
After doing some research, he discovered that not everyone has access to grass-fed beef, and even if people have access, their selection is often limited to just ground beef. This helps explain why just 1% of the total beef consumed in the United States is 100% pasture raised grass-fed. While the Company began by offering beef to our members, we have since expanded to providing organic chicken and heritage breed pork.
We believe in and are relentlessly working to create an ever healthier food system where everyone has access to meat the way Nature intended: grass fed, free of antibiotics and hormones, and humanely raised on open pasture.
ButcherBox exists to ensure that access to high-quality meat you can trust is easy and affordable. We provide better meat for a better you.
We believe our Data Engineering positions are the absolute best in the Boston area if not the entire country. It's an exciting time to join ButcherBox. We’re working smart, hard and fast, have delivered a 500% increase in membership and have truly meaningful projects lined up for the rest of 2018, 2019 and beyond. Our Data Team has built and continues to build out an amazing Azure based Big Data platform that is foundational to running and growing our business and is at the heart of our companies most strategic initiatives. We need Data Engineers who love data science, algorithms, the game of business and has the full stack data skills & experiences to drive a step function change in the effectiveness of our Marketing and Operations departments.
Come use the latest technologies and join a fun, passionate team that’s rolling up its sleeves and using data, analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning to solve real world business problems and exploit endless opportunities!
We have two positions open that will report to our Head of Growth and Retention with a strong dotted line to our Head of Technology.
- Utilizes data science tools & techniques to collect, clean, transform and visualize data in order to develop analyses, hypotheses, testing protocols and predictions that significantly improve...
- Channel performance of paid search, organic search, social media and display ads
- Member acquisition, repeat and referral programs
- Campaign strategies & tactics based on accurate and thorough understanding of data patterns and relationships
- Quantification, mapping and multi-dimensional understanding of our members’ experiences, journey, lifetime value and net promoter score
- Build innovative reporting and decision support solutions using the most business appropriate internally developed and third party acquired tools
- Create, deliver and maintain meaningful dashboards and reports for key company stakeholders
- Work with the ButcherBox Engineering team to envision, build and relentlessly evolve and improve our modern data tech stack, data lake, warehouses and pipeline
- 2-5 years as a Data Engineer / Scientist for a high growth, online, product based organization
- Demonstrable experience working closely with Department Heads, Managers and Staff to deeply understand the challenges and opportunities these people. A strong blend of business acumen and technical skills to analyze, test, interpret, recommend and act on data
- At scale, real time, batch experience and expertise collecting, cleaning, transforming and visualizing data. Tech stack could include but would not be limited to…
- SQL, NoSql, Redshift, Cosmos, Kinesis, MongoDB, Hadoop, ETL, ELT, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, Glue, MapReduce, Data Visualization, Excel, Power BI, Tableau, Kibana, Data Science Languages, R, Python, Scala, SAS, Data Lake, Data Warehouse, Data Cubes, AI, Machine Learning, IoT...
- Thrives in a customer obsessed, scrappy, fast-paced, accountable environment
- Has worked cross-functionally with customer service, marketing, operations, finance and engineering colleagues and stakeholders
- Extremely well organized and motivated self-starter
- Excellent written and verbal communication / presentation skills
- A very supportive team, a culture of "do your job" autonomy, and access to all levels of the organization
- Health insurance / 401(k) employer match
- Free box of meat each month
- Subsidized gym membership
- Competitive salary