Jr. UI/UX Designer
About the company:
ButcherBox delivers 100% pasture raised, grass-fed & finished beef, organic chicken, and heritage breed pork directly to your door. We are a fast paced, high growth startup headquartered in Cambridge, MA with a satellite office and test kitchen in Peabody, MA.
Our founder was first introduced to 100% grass-fed beef through a local farmer who sold ¼ and ½ shares of cattle. After trying it, he was instantly hooked. He preferred the more natural taste and was thrilled to discover the many health advantages grass-fed beef has over ordinary grain-fed beef. So his question became, “why isn’t everyone eating this?”
After doing some research, he discovered that not everyone has access to grass-fed beef, and even if people have access, their selection is often limited to just ground beef. This helps explain why just 1% of the total beef consumed in the United States is 100% pasture raised grass-fed. While the Company began by offering beef to our members, we have since expanded to providing organic chicken and heritage breed pork.
We believe in and are relentlessly working to create an ever healthier food system where everyone has access to meat the way Nature intended: grass fed, free of antibiotics and hormones, and humanely raised on open pasture.
ButcherBox exists to ensure that access to high-quality meat you can trust is easy and affordable. We provide better meat for a better you.
ButcherBox is growing rapidly and continues to provide access to healthy, ethically sourced meat to new members around the country every day. We also recently launched a sister company, SmoothieBox, earlier this year! We’re looking for a UI/UX designer with strong visual design skills to help drive results in line with our mission to bring clean meat to everyone.
This position would spend time both in our Cambridge, MA office and our Peabody, MA office that shares space with our brand-new test kitchen. There is ample free parking in Peabody and frequently delicious food from test kitchen shoots!
- Collaborate with design team to conceptualize, wireframe, design, and prototype the user interface and user experience of the ButcherBox website
- Create user flows and site flow documentation
- Create promotional and email assets for our different monthly promos.
- Translate business needs into executable designs
- Design, create, and edit using tools such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Sketch
- Ensure all designs work well across platforms such as desktop and mobile
If you are interested in the position, please apply with a link to your portfolio/work samples, resume, and cover letter. Please include what your favorite brand is and why. Thank you!
Ideal candidates for the position will have:
- 1-3 years’ experience in a design role
- Experience and a love for Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Sketch
- Attention to detail and strong communication skills
- Able to
- Able to work well in both an independent and team environment
- Willingness to get hands dirty and do whatever it takes to meet deadlines
- Thrives in a member obsessed, scrappy, fast-paced, environment where everyone takes accountability for their work
- A very supportive team, a culture of "do your job" autonomy, and access to all levels of the organization
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Free box of meat each month
- Competitive salary
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!